Deadline all the time

breaking news stories, photos, and video

Prosecution warns ABS-CBN vs airing kidnap footage

leave a comment »

By Joel Guinto
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 17:36:00 07/11/2008

MANILA, Philippines — Government prosecutors warned television network ABS-CBN against airing video footage from the time spent in captivity by one of its news teams kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf in Sulu last month.

Senior State Prosecutor Emelie Fe delos Santos said the preliminary investigation of the kidnapping charges against the suspects in the abduction of the news team is still ongoing, and airing footage of their captivity could affect the outcome of the inquiry.

“They [ABS-CBN] were forewarned,” Delos Santos said. “It is unfair [to air the video when] the preliminary investigation is still ongoing.”

The footage, set to air on Sunday, was shot by the kidnapped news team composed of reporter Ces Drilon, cameraman Jimmy Encarnacion, and assistant cameraman Angelo Valderama.

The three and their guide, Mindanao State University (MSU) professor Octavio Dinampo, were held hostage for nine days and freed after ransom was paid.

The key negotiators for their release — Indanan town Mayor Alvarez Isnaji, and his son, Haider — have since been charged with masterminding the abduction.

View article as posted on INQUIRER.net

Advertisements

Written by joelguinto

FriUTC2008-07-11T10:23:57+00:00UTC07bUTCFri, 11 Jul 2008 10:23:57 +0000 22, 2006 at 12:45 am07

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: