Luzon beltway projects 22% complete
By Joel Guinto
First Posted 20:02:00 02/24/2009
CLARK FIELD, Pampanga—Thirteen government projects have been completed in the Luzon Urban Beltway worth P39.3 billion, or 22 percent of the total P180 billion allotted to develop the “super region” in the north, a Malacañang official said.
Secretary Eduardo Pamintuan, who heads the development in the region, on Tuesday said that of the 38 projects in the beltway, the 13 completed projects are:
• Subic-Clark Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)
• Panday Pira Aacess Road
• Diosdado Macapagal International Airport (DMIA)
• DMIA passenger terminal expansion
• Subic port development
• Southern Tagalog Arterial Road
• Phase two of the Batangas Port Development Project
• Three projects for the roll-on, roll-off ferry link between Lucena town, Quezon province, and Boac town, Marinduque province
• Rehabilitation of EDSA (Epifanio delos Santos Avenue)
• Upgrading of hospitals
• Opening of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3.
“Let us develop the Luzon Urban Beltway a seamless priority infrastructure project,” President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo said in a speech during a Cabinet meeting here.
View article as posted on INQUIRER.net